This dish is a great summer alternative to the winter casserole – super easy to prepare and cooked in the oven in 30 minutes. It’s filling enough to eat as a meal on its own with crusty bread, or if (like Mr M) you feel cheated without meat, it goes really well with chicken or a juicy piece of steak from the barbecue.
It also tastes just as good cold, so makes a great healthy lunch time pack-up for work the next day.
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 aubergine
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Big glug of olive oil
- chopped coriander to serve
- Roughly chop all of the vegetables into sizeable chunks.
- Add to a roasting tin with the garlic and coriander seeds, toss everything together with olive oil and spread out in a single layer.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for 30 mins at 200C until the vegetables are roasted and brown at the edges.
- Remove the tin from the oven, add the chick peas and tinned tomatoes and place on a low heat on the hob to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with chopped coriander to serve.