So you feel like a beached whale, your brain’s gone to mush and you can’t get comfortable no matter what. BUT look on the bright side – there are some perks to being pregnant…
1. You can have child-like tantrums on a daily basis and people will just put it down to ‘hormones’
2. You only have three outfits to choose between each day. And one of them is your PJs
3. For once, people give your trolley right of way in the supermarket – and enough space to get a tanker through
4. You no longer have to make up elaborate excuses to get out of attending that event. You’re just too tired, too sick, not quite feeling up to it…
5. Nobody will judge you for stuffing your face at every opportunity. Can’t choose between desserts? Order both!
6. The usually grumpy cashier at your local store decides to not only smile at you for the first time in five years, but engage in cheerful conversation about your due date, her children, her children’s children…
7. You don’t have to hold in your tummy after that three course meal – people just assume the food baby is real baby
8. People tell you that you’re ‘looking really well’ on a daily basis – even though you feel like crap
9. You will never have to be designated driver ever again. Ever
10. And you can take delight from the green faces the morning after – for once, it’s not you with the hangover!
Have I missed any??